Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:01:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        Geoff Kitching <geoff1@sympatico.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IRC

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Tim McMillen wrote:

> What kind of  a response is that?  The guy offers help, and just
> because he doesn't know there are already IRC servers, you send a
> caustic, sarcastic reply.

Fact: Major ircds are developed on FreeBSD.
Fact: Major servers run on FreeBSD.
Fact: There has already been an irc.freebsd.org.
Fact: Everyone and/or their monkey can run ircd.
Fact: Everyone and/or their monkey is running ircd.
Fact: Ircd is usually run by the monkeys.

Opinion: Anyone unaware of the above facts is very clearly not qualified
to operate an irc daemon owned by the FreeBSD project. (There, I put it
nicely this time.)

If my attitude bothers you, please take it private, the list doesn't care
to see another batch of flames. We can settle this like real monkeys, even
if it means falling out of the tree...

Cheers

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
System Administrator                         Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/