Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:27:02 -0000
From:      "Simon Griffiths" <simon.griffiths@tenenbaum.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OT console based editor that can do php syntax highlighting

Hello Everyone,

I'm guessing this is off-topic so thank you in advance if you can offer any
help.

I currently SSH into a couple of freebsd machine I have dotted about which
run some console and web based php code.  This is all fine and dandy but
when it comes to remote support I struggle reading plain code when the file
gets over a certain size and find a little syntax highlighting helps a lot.

So can anyone recommend an editor that can do this ?  I did try vim some
time ago but being a novice in these areas I couldn't get the syntax file to
load and help on the web confusing or indecipherable.

TIA,

Si.