Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:24:06 -0400
From:      "dodell@sitetronics.com" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SimpleTech USB HDD driver

I just bought a 120GB SimpleTech USB harddrive and I want to use it with
FreeBSD 4=2E8 (the=20
HDD is part number STI-U2F35/120)=2E AFAIK, 4=2E8 doesn't support USB HDDs=
=2E Why
is this?

If it is possible to write the drivers for this, I've got a couple of
questions:=20
Who does the USB mass storage drivers?
Where in the kernel do I need to look for information on writing them?
Is the drive supported in 5=2E1 (I'm not sure what chipset it's using)? If=

so, how hard would it be=20
to backport (or should I forget it and just upgrade to 5=2E1 with my lazy
ass)?
How badly am I going to screw up the HDD when my driver doesn't work? ;)

Hope there're some ideas out there :)

Thanks!

Devon

http://mail2web=2Ecom/ =2E