Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:57:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Adrian H." <adrianh@worldnet.att.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   fetchmail hangs on sendmail error 501

Hello -

I run FreeBSD 3.2-release, and I also have fetchmail v5.0 installed.
Fetchmail hangs for a while and is unable to retrieve any further messages
if Sendmail issues (roughly) the follwing output (while retrieving mail
via POP3):

Sendmail: reject: 501 - Sender domain must exist

I understand that this is most likely an anti-spam feature.  The problem
is that the offending message is not deleted from my mail server
after the error is given... thus I can't view any messages which occur
after it.  This problem is repeated in subsequent fetchmail attempts.

Is there a way to keep the anti-spam features enabled while  overcoming
this problem?  Is it in fact an anti-spam issue, or am I missing
something else?

I have read the relevant man pages, without success.  Please let me know
if more details are needed.

Once again, thanks in advance for your consideration.

Adrian Henke

      "Yes, it would be absurd that a Guardian should need to be guarded."
		-Plato's Republic, translation F.M. Cornford