Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:30:56 -0500
From:      "Daniel Schrock" <djab@enteract.com>
To:        "Rasmus Skaarup" <rasmus@gal.dk>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS client problem

I had this exact problem trying to connect a 4.0-Stable client to a
4.0-Release server.  Not to make light of your situation, but I am very
happy I'm not the only one it happened to.  It strengthens my belief that
the developers broke it instead of me, which is there no way I could of have
broken it considering I never changed any nfs configs and got the same
results from a clean install of 4.0-Stable as I did with cvsup'ing to
4.0-Stable.   I was able to find no mention of it in bugs at the time.  But
because of it, I had to rethink my network and ended up removing that box
from server duty all together.  It was useless with nfs (/usr/home was the
vital nfs mount that i needed).  The good with the bad: it was a successful
experiment in nat redirection, nis and nfs, but it caused a reinstall of
apache on my gateway (to include mysql and php) and a severe set back in
productivity.  That box is now part of a new experiment.
Linux vs FreeBSD.  I have a FreeBSD/Win2k workstation, a FreeBSD server, and
now a Storm Linux workstation.
Sorry I can't help you out with your problem, but I thought I would let you
know you aren't the only one and I feel your pain.

Daniel Schrock