Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:49:01 +0200
From:      Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow@gmail.com>
To:        lev@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to insall hard link to system (base) file in port with stage support?

BTW, there is Perl which make symlink in /usr/bin to itself, and I'm sure
that there other places where something need to be symlinked/copied from
package files into base hier directories.

Maybe there could be made appropriate framework in ports mk files + pkg ?
Something like
BASE_SYMLINKS += sourcefile-in-stage-dir:target-path-in-base
BASE_COPYFILES += sourcefile-in-stage-dir:target-path-in-base

?