Date:      Mon, 26 Sep 2005 03:51:32 +0200
From:      Adrian Frith <adrian@leg.uct.ac.za>
To:        Brian <kansascity_guy2005@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: =?iso-8859-1?q?Intel=AE_PRO/Wireless_2100/2200BG/2225BG/2915A?= =?iso-8859-1?q?BG?=

Brian wrote:
> I did the ports install /usr/ports/net/iwi-firmware
> It installed
> Then
> # kldload -v if_ip
> but when I do # dmesg | grep ip I get nothing
> # ipwcontrol -i ipw0 -f /usr/local/share/ipw-firmware/ipw.fw
> ipwcontrol: Command Not Found

That's because there are two separate drivers: ipw for the 21xx chipset,
and iwi for the 22xx/29xx chipset. If you have a 22xx or a 29xx (which I
assume since your previous email was about the T43), then those commands
should be
# kldload -v if_iwi
and
# iwicontrol -i iwi0 -m bss -f /usr/local/share/iwi-firmware

Cheers,
Adrian

--
Adrian Frith - UCT Comp.Sci. Student - UNIX Geek
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you