Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 12:02:20 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
Cc:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiport NIC needed

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Chad R. Larson wrote:

> As I recall, Boris Samorodov wrote:
> > We need one quad 10/100 NIC (four segments and only one spare
> > PCI slot :-( )
> >
> > So far we have found only one such card in hardware.txt -- ANA-61044.
> > How is it with FreeBSD?
> >
> > Or maybe another card?
>
> Sun Microsystems sells a "PQFE" (PCI Quad Fast Ethernet) card.  It's
> got support under both x86 and SPARC Solaris.  Anyone got a driver
> for that?

if it's the qfe0-qfe3 then it's hme0 thing (I don't thing that it's
supported).
if it's the qe0-qe3 then it's le0 which is AMD Lance and probably
supported.
Anyway, it costs fortune (just like most of sun hardware).

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]