Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 2015 20:40:19 +0200
From:      Dirk Engling <erdgeist@erdgeist.org>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org" <freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: first shot at user friendly bluetooth-config script

On 30.09.15 23:30, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> there is /usr.bin/bluetooth and /usr.sbin/bluetooth, so somewhere under
> one of those would be a good place, imo.

Added in phabricator under usr.bin/bluetooth for now.

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3778

> right. so, if pc-bsd is your goal, and, you can rely on graphical
> interface, then i would suggest to basically

No, PC-BSD is not my goal. Actually I am not using it. But watching my
friend struggle gave me the idea. There's many other use cases where you
wouldn't even assume a GUI in the first place, like pairing a mobile
phone for dialup.

> 2) teach hcsecd to run external process to obtain a pin (with timeout)

It already knows this, it's in its config file. The missing part is to
provide feedback if the PIN or the nopin option was rejected by hcsecd.

That could be done with an entry in hcsecd.keys, maybe with a time stamp
of the last negative command, so that you can compare it to the
hcsecd.conf's time stamp.

  erdgeist