Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2014 19:00:00 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>
To:        papowell@astart.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some suggestions about PKGNG documentation

Patrick Powell wrote:
> TUTORIAL:  The Savant's Guide To Ports, Packages, PkgNG
> Try to put a lot of the information about pkgng, repositories,
> etc. in a single place.  I suggest a tutorial format,  rather
> than a user manual format,  with references to the various
> man pages, other documents, etc.

Your suggestions sound good to me.

Unfortunately, it's not like there's a team of tech writers sitting around
waiting for suggestions of things to write and put into the docs. Rather,
updating pretty much anything in the documentation -- or the ports for that
matter -- requires "suggesting" the actual changes you want in the form of
patches that replace the existing content with your version.