Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 02:29:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: can't override CFLAGS in port makefile

FYI, I finally found the solution to this problem. It was indeed the
software's Makefiles that were screwing me over. So, I figured out what I
needed to do in order to force the setting for CFLAGS all the way down
through the whole structure.

Thanks to all those that offered suggestions, even those that didn't pan
out. It really helped to have more people looking at this problem.

Doug