Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 2016 21:45:28 +0100
From:      Andrei Brezan <andrei693@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD on Lenovo T430s (blank screen in X)

Hi,

I'm trying FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p9 on a Lenovo T430s with a HD 4000
Intel video adapter. The Nvidia Optimus one is disabled in BIOS.
Whenever I try to startx the screen goes blank and the only thing I can
do is Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart it. If I try to get back to the console I
still have the same black/blank screen. I'm am currently making a
buildworld to go to stable. Anyone that has experienced this on this
laptop model?

Even if I try to do a kldload i915kms I get the same black/blank display.

Maybe there is someone there with an idea.

Thanks,

--
Andrei