Date:      Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:33:24 +0200
From:      Antal Ritter <antalr@MAIL.DUNAPACK.HU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnat for FreeBSD 3.1?

Hi,

Could somebody please give me some instruction on how to get
Gnat (the Ada translator) working on a freshly installed 3.1 system?

I downloaded the sources, and now 'make install' says the port
is broken, because I need a pathed gcc. In the Makefile there
are some comments indicating that I need a C compiler that calls
an existing gnat, later than 3.08. It also say that if I don't
have it I should get it from a binary distribution, but I could
not find any pointer to such a beast.

Thanks for your help,
							Antal