Date:      Wed, 06 May 2009 16:25:54 +0200
From:      "Matthias Andree" <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/134156: Unable to build updated: e2fsprogs-libuuid-1.41.5

Hi Jerry, *,

we're getting closer, a bit at least.

In Jerry's case, the server dies before it can write its PID to the
uuidd.pid file (0 size), and doesn't get around to cleaning up, so I
assume it exits abnormally.

Unfortunately, it doesn't log what's up if it's launched automatically as
happens in this test, so we need to run it in debug mode for the test
(uuidd -d). Also, the build will use the previously installed daemon, but
that shouldn't be a problem here.

Could you (or somebody else, it can't hurt if I get several inputs here)
help me a bit further (shouldn't take more than 5 minutes):

1. Is /var NFS-mounted? Or what kind of file system is it on?

2. Can you build the software, abort the hanging self-test (I don't need
the output) and then do this:

3. as root, run: sh -c 'killall uuidd ; sleep 3 ; truss
/usr/local/sbin/uuidd -d >serverold.out 2>&1 &'

4. as root, run: sh -c 'truss work/e2fsprogs-1.41.5/lib/uuid/tst_uuid
>client1.out 2>&1 &'

5. as root, wait 3 seconds (if pasting this) and then run: killall uuidd
tst_uuid

6. as root, run: sh -c 'killall uuidd ; sleep 3 ; truss
work/e2fsprogs-1.41.5/misc/uuidd -d >servernew.out 2>&1 &'

7. as root, run: sh -c 'truss work/e2fsprogs-1.41.5/lib/uuid/tst_uuid
>client2.out 2>&1 &'

8. as root, wait 3 seconds (if pasting this) and then run: killall uuidd
tst_uuid

9. Unless you've already sent it: what is your output of pkg_info -W
/usr/local/sbin/uuidd?

10. compress and mail me the four (4) *.out files off-list; the reply-to:
header is set.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

--