Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2008 01:47:33 +0100
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Daniel_Dvo=C5=99=C3=A1k?= <dandee@hellteam.net>
To:        <sem@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: cacti-0.8.7b

Hi sem,
=20
I value your long work for cacti port in FreeBSD and your opinion is =
well-founded unlike mine.
=20
On the 16th of December 2007, you wrote these sentences in UPDATING file =
about Plugin Architecture:

  Plugin support is dropped again and will not revive anymore in the =
port.
  A reason for that is the patch is unofficial and there are long time =
lags
  between a new cacti version released and time when the patch is =
adapted.
=20
It is very pitty for us, becuase we use weathermap plugin to monitor and =
visualize the current load of our network.
With your commit and after restarting of mysql server, our weathemap =
plugin is gone, and people ask me why this nice tool is not working. =
They got used to this nice maps.
=20
On the 12th of February 2008, unofficial patch Plugin Architecture have =
been released as a version 2.0, and it is adjusted or adapted for 0.8.7b =
cacti, which we have in ports nowadays.
=20
Do you think that you could include this patch 2.0 to the cacti back =
again ?
=20
If you are not wellwisher for this, could you advise me how we can get =
plugins back to cacti ?
=20
Thank you
=20