Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 16:02:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   more info on system processes

Where can I get more information about the system processes running on my
4.1-STABLE system (swapper, pagedaemon, vmdaemon, bufdaemon, syncer)? I'd
be curious to understand what these processes actually do.

I tried looking for manpages, but nothing was available. I then proceeded
to look for "pagedaemon" on freebsd.org's search page (in faq and
handbook), but nothing was available either. Short of reading the actual
source code, where else can I find information on system processes?