Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:01:35 +0100
From:      Jonathan Heaney <jonathan.heaney@btinternet.com>
To:        barbish@a1poweruser.com, freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ppp demand dialling broke after 4.5 -> 4.6 upgrade + more info

Only one slight problem, I needed net access last night so reverted to
4.5 :-(

I should have looked at the logs, I realise that now, I was a bit hasty.

Modem is an external serial, I have tried opening a connection to it
with ppp manually and it worked, so the modem is being seen OK with 4.6.

Forgot to mention this as well, the fbsd box is used by two other
systems to access the net, one running Debian Woody (serving an smb raid
array), which periodically attempts to access the web - I've never got
around to finding out what was doing this, I just switched my modem off
- and the fbsd box dialled in - I could ping etc from the freebsd box OK
but after it disconnected it wouldn't re-dial.  This only happened once,
and I can't be sure it was the Debian box that triggered it to be fair.

Jonathan