Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:09:29 -0800
From:      Victor Bondarenko <victor@indite.org>
To:        Kerberus <kerberus@microbsd.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSP patch + 4.5-STABLE

> wheres it dying ??? cause after seeing this i just cvsupped and im doing

It fails in /usr/src/lib/libc while doing a "make all install" with:

cc -O -pipe -fstack-protector  -DLIBC_RCS -DSYSLIBC_RCS -I/usr/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DINET6 -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -I/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/locale -DBROKEN_DES -DYP  -c /usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/string/strcasestr.c -o strcasestr.o
/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/string/strcasestr.c:38: syntax error before string constant
/usr/src/lib/libc/../libc/string/strcasestr.c:38: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libc.

I should mention that I'm working on the 4.5-STABLE source.  The system
itself is 4.4-RELEASE, although I don't know if this would effect
anything- I guess the next step is to build/install an unpatched 4.5 world
and patch and rebuild from there.

Victor

--
victor@indite.org