Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 04:13:43 -0800
From:      "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compaq Prosignia and memory

Trying to install FreeBSD 4.2 on an old Compaq Prosignia 500 server.
(circa 1995, Pentium-120, 96MB RAM)

Everything seems OK except for memory.  FreeBSD is only recognizing
16MB or less of installed memory. (double-checked this using dmesg)

Now this machine has both PCI and EISA slots.  I remember in the bad
old days of Netware 3.1x, sometimes on EISA servers you had to
manually "register memory" for it to see all the memory.  I can say
that A) all the memory is seen on POST, and B) the EISA config
utility shows all 96MB too.

Anyone have experience with this machine, or any general ideas?  So
close but yet so far..

Phil

--
Philip J. Koenig                                       pjklist@ekahuna.com
Electric Kahuna Systems -- Computers & Communications for the New Millenium