Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:30:29 -0400
From:      Bill Maniatty <maniattb@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        maniattb@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Dual Processor Motherboards

Hello There:

I was looking to make an affordable, yet high performance home machine
using a dual processor board.  I want to be able to run the most recent
stable release, and was going to get Intel based processors.  I would
like the processors to be fairly speedy, say 400-500 MHZ.  Since I'm going
to live with the system for quite a while, I might want it to be kind
of fast (but not prohibitively expensive).

I had the following questions:
1) Do people have specific recommendations about boards to buy/don't buy?
2) A local vendor is pushing Soyo boards at a $239 which is below the $400+
   prices I have seen quoted for an AsusTek P2B-DS board.  I assume they
   mean a SY-D6IBA or SY-D6IBA2.  Anybody have any experiences with such
   a board?

Regards:

Bill Maniatty
--