Date:      Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:17:24 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   New NFS probs with 2.2.6

I've used essentially the same NFS/AMD setup since 2.2.beginning,
and today, after rebooting my machine (to get the stinking bios
version number....grrr) NFS to a NAC or Auspex (I forget which)
developed a problem where it will work for a while and then it
will hang.  It may be that the sysadmin types upgraded the software
on the server box.

Am I having a problem that can be fixed by using NFS v2 for my
outbound mounts?

Is there a way to set this as an option to sysctl?

Otherwise, is there an amd *option* (specified on the command line)
that will force this? I ask that because all my maps come from
NIS (even the master map) and I don't have the ability to change
them (and it would be wrong to change them just to support an
interop problem with one system, e.g. FreeBSD).