Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:58:34 -0400
From:      "Dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   upgrading mysql client and server

Hello,
    I've got mysql server and client v4.1 running on a FreeBSD6.x box. They
were installed via ports not packages using custom make options which i have
in portupgrade's pkgtools.conf file. I now would like to upgrade both of
them to v5, without causing dependency issues with installed apps or with my
databases. What i was wondering is is there an easy way of doing this? I am
concerned about my databases, i've done mysqldumps on them, but i have to
manually go in and create information. I'd rather feed the mysql command a
complete file and have it automatically regenerate everything. I'm also
concerned about any compatibility issues. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.