Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:01:27 -0400
From:      "Dan Benjamin" <dpb@yeti.hqs.crc.com>
To:        <dwilde1@ibm.net>, "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Andreessen: Linux use growing

From: Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>

> We have a shot at the server market, but unless we add to our appeal to
>the desktop set by improving ppp and printer setup and building our own
>office suite, we will remain a niche OS. That's why I take Jordan's

Are we talking about developing an interface (gui or otherwise) to the
existing user-ppp or pppd tools, or something entirely new?

RedHat has a semi-intuitive ppp setup GUI which works for most setups using
CHAP and PAP checkboxes for options, etc.

An example of a very elegant and intuitive ppp setup we could work towards
is the BeOS.  A dialog box asks for the username, password, and telephone
number.  It determines server type, PAP or CHAP, etc.- but this would
require some real work.

-Dan