Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:58:59 -0700
From:      "Scott Stoddard" <sstoddard@gblx.net>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Build Freebsd sources under Linux (Slackware) - Possible?

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my freebsd box to the latest stable, but it keeps
crashing randomly with SIG11 errors. After some research alot of people
suggest this might be a hardware problem (even though the box has run solid
for over a year with no reboots!).. in any case I was wondering if there are
any problems with building the freebsd sources under slackware? Then just
copying over the binaries (/usr/obj) and then installing them, anyone know
if this should work? Thanks!

btw: i did try it but it failed right away. I may have to tweak something
but just wonderin if this will work at all..

slackware output...

root@lisa:/files/tmp2/usr/src# :
[/files/tmp2/usr/src]$ make buildworld
Makefile:137: *** missing separator.  Stop.
root@lisa:/files/tmp2/usr/src# :