Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:30:28 +0100
From:      "Ian J Greely" <ian@tirnanog.org>
To:        "Mark Ovens" <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        "Manfred Usselmann" <Usselmann.M@icg-online.de>, "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: WYSIWYG word processor needed

>Yes (on 3.3-stable). Search back through -questions archive. There
>was a detailed post by someone a couple of weeks ago about how you
>have to manually extract one of the .zip files on the CD to the HD
>and then run ``ldconfig''. Then it can find the libs.

Thanks for that Mark. I have moved up to 3.3 stable and will do a search for
the post you mention.

>> I use in on Doze though... and I've stopped helping "family N friends"
>> using Office now that there is an
>> alternative I can get them running. :-)
>>
> :)

Not that I dislike M$ or anything like that. Just nice to see someone who
lives by the sword have to sit on one.

If those of us who *actually* keep all those windows dweebs running refuse
to help with Office and get them
running something else, then M$ won't be able to use that cash cow to kill
off working products from other
companies. :-)

>If you mean running on the desktop (in Windows) then you can change
>it. I think its "Integrated Desktop" in the "View" menu (or something
>similar).

Thanks for that too. I'll have a look at it. It was really begining to
irritate me. *frown* I just want a word processor thanx :)

regards,
Ian