Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 12:56:41 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Grigory Kljuchnikov <grn@ispras.ru>
To:        Hans van Reenen <H.vanReenen@uci.kun.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Log files.

To read syslog files see /etc/syslog.conf that define
configuration of syslogd.

To read /var/log/wtmp use command last, and to read /var/log/utmp
use command who.

Best regards,
Grigory Klyuchnikov
Institute for System Programming Russian Academy of Sciences,
109004, Moscow, Russia, B.Kommunistitcheskay, 25,
  phone(work):   +7-095-9125659
  fax:           +7-095-9121524
  e-mail:        <grn@ispras.ru>