Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 00:20:08 +0800
From:      hmin@public.cta.cq.cn (hmin)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ok? oh! no!

Doug White wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, hmin wrote:
>
> > I still can't get my FreeBSD 2.2.5 box work correctly on networking.
> > I installed FreeBSD 2.2.5 from Wreek CDROM, it seems everything well.
> > But my network can't work, I "ping 127.0.0.1", ok! I "ping 10.1.1.1"
> > ok! (10.1.1.1 is my network card (3c509 TPO) address) and then try to
> > telnet to those two address, sometime it's good, and sometime it will
> > wait for a long time. And, I can not reach any other boxes on this net,
> > though I've configed those thing in sysinstall.I can't not understand
> > the situation.
> >
> > Can you help me to resolve this problem? I'm not in this mail list now,
> > if you will help, please reply to hmin@public.cta.cq.cn or
> > hmin@mail.cq.cninfo.net.
>
> Set your defaultrouter as appropriate for your network.  Check `netstat
> -rn'.

This problem has been resolved. The problem is that my network line is
not good
enough(change another line and everything ok), and 3c509's error
correction
is not good enough(change a NE2000 card and everything ok). And my
resolv.conf
set "bind" first, the FreeBSD will try to touch network if I use a name
(even
"localhost", I don't think it's a good idea for freebsd) instead of IP.
Anyway,
thank you very much.

By the way, I got a "land" patch for FreeBSD from BUGTRAQ@NETSCAPE.ORG
which