Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 02:42:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Satya Devireddy <satya@dspsoft.com>
To:        chem@i-p-d.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: remote login via SSH

> I have to login to our server remotely most of the time. Someone
> suggested I use ssh for that. I have looked at the ports and the
> description of ssh, but is there more information somewhere? Do I
> use telnet, should I install stuff on my remote computer. etc. A step-
> by-step guide would be nice :)

ssh is real nice.
It should be installed on both the machines.

Steps:
1) Just install the port.
2) from your regular box
  ssh <remote computer>
3) It automatically does all the work and asks for your password.

To login to the remote computer,
ssh <remote computer>
enter passwd

Things I observed:
the usernames on both machines should be the same.

-Satya