Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 1996 13:15:19 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dirk@hal.in-berlin.de (Dirk Froemberg)
Cc:        jdli@linux.csie.nctu.edu.tw, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to disable Ctrl-Alt-Del ?!

> Chien-Ta Lee writes:
>
> > 	How can I disable reboot from Ctrl-alt-Del ?!
>
> Hello!
>
> Unfortunaly you didn't mention whether you're using syscons or
> pcvt. So I'll assume you're using syscons.
>
> The easiest way would be to prevent the kernel to perform a shutdown
> after pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL. However, it would be nice to have an
> option in /etc/sysconfig which is passed to the kernel via sysctl.
>
> The attached patch is against version 1.117.4.7 of syscons.c. So
> the line numbering might be different from yours. After applying
> the patch you have to add "options NOSCSHUTDOWN" to your kernel-
> config-file in /sys/i386/conf. Finally, recompile your kernel.

Ugh.

Why not just use kbdcontrol to load a slightly modified console
keyboard map without an "RBT" token in it for the "Delete" key
with the "Control" and "Alt" modifier bits present.

You could do this in /etc/rc.

man kbdcontrol(1) and keyboard(4) for more information.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.