Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:03:06 -0300 (GMT)
From:      Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.sminter.com.ar>
To:        des@flood.ping.uio.no (Dag-Erling Smorgrav)
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail configuration

You should be able to handle this with normal sendmail anti-spamming filters:

If machine A is acting as proxy for machine B, then:
allow B's IP to send mail to any domain by adding it's IP in the allowed
IPs list.
Add B's domain in the allowed domains for relaying.

At B, add the domain in variable w (eg, Cw domain.com), but do not
publish it in DNS.

Hope it helps!

Regards!

En un mensaje anterior, Dag-Erling Smorgrav escribió:
> I have a box where Sendmail needs to run as a kind of proxy: all mail
> it receives destined to a specific domain should be forwarded to
> another host (which is not listed as MX for that domain), while all
> mail received *from* that host should be relayed to its recipient.
> Other than that, all relaying should be blocked. Do any of you have an
> idea of how to do this with Sendmail 8.8.8 (FreeBSD 2.2.7)?
>
> (BTW, I have a feeling that this is not entirely within the charter
> for this list, but I don't know where else I can find anybody with
> sufficient expertise in these matters, short of finding a sendmail-
> specific mailing list)
>
> DES
> --
> Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no