Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 15:39:16 +1300
From:      Mike Muir <mmuir@es.co.nz>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samba Performance

Greg Lewis wrote:

> I have no idea of the actual traffic speed, but I find we get throughput
> which appears qualitatively to be respectable with these socket options:
>
>         socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
>
> Without these options the performance wasn't nearly as good.  YMMV.

I already had TCP_NODELAY...but...

smb: \incoming\> put #math.xchatlog
putting file #math.xchatlog as \incoming\#math.xchatlog (107.262 kb/s)
(average 107.262 kb/s)
smb: \incoming\> get #math.xchatlog
getting file #math.xchatlog of size 2692307 as #math.xchatlog (1021.84
kb/s)
(average 1021.84 kb/s)

From speeds increased (quite a bit.. now we're talking :) but upload
(incoming) speeds still suck ass.. hrmph.

mike.