Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:53:46 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   zpool: multiple IDs, CURRENT drops all pools after reboot

--Sig_/i94o0.oCEUMhQ/w=N0rNfrp

On of my backup drives dedicated to a ZPOOL is faulting and showing up mult=
iple ID. The
only working ID is id: 257822624560506537.

FreeBSD CURRENT with three ZFS disks and only 4GB of RAM is very "flaky" re=
garding this
issue: today, tow times the whole poolset vanishes after a reboot. Giving t=
he box 8 GB
total and rebooting doens't show the problem, it gets more frequent when re=
ducing the RAM
to 4GB (FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #2 r271684: Tue Sep 16 20:41:47 CEST 2014). Th=
is is a bit
spooky.

Below the faulted harddrive. I guess the drive/pool below shown triggers so=
mehow the loss
of all other pools (I have to import the other pools, which do not have any=
 defects, but
they they drop out after a reboot and vanish).

Is there a way getting rid of the faulty IDs without destroying the pool?

Regards,

Oliver=20

 root@thor: [/etc] zpool import
   pool: BACKUP00
     id: 9337833315545958689
  state: FAULTED
 status: One or more devices contains corrupted data.
 action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
        The pool may be active on another system, but can be imported using
        the '-f' flag.
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-5E
 config:

        BACKUP00               FAULTED  corrupted data
          8544670861382329237  UNAVAIL  corrupted data

   pool: BACKUP00
     id: 257822624560506537
  state: ONLINE
 action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier.
 config:

        BACKUP00    ONLINE
          ada3p1    ONLINE

--Sig_/i94o0.oCEUMhQ/w=N0rNfrp