Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 13:21:17 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Thomas Schuerger <schuerge@wjpserver.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
To:        Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to use Voodoo 2 with FreeBSD?

> > I just installed linux-glide 2.4 on my system and wanted to
> > test it, but the test program tells me that no voodoo board
> > is installed.
> > (...)
> > I have a Diamond Voodoo II board installed, which works fine under Windows.
> > Do I have to set up some special devices in FreeBSD or something?
> > Any help is appreciated!

> Don't know about linux-glide, but there's no chance to address the Voodoo
> chipset unless you use the corresponding X server within the very new
> XFree86 3.3.4 release (URL for download e.g.
> ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/xfree86/XFree86/3.3.4/binaries/FreeBSD-3.x).

What do you mean by corresponding X server? Do I have to install a special
X server for Voodoo support? I'm using a Matrox G200 AGP has my "normal"
graphics board and want to use my PCI Voodoo 2 board once in a while.

I looked at the new features of 3.3.4, there Voodoo 3 and Banshee support
is mentioned, so I think Voodoo 2 must have been supported already in an
earlier version of XFree86.

Has anyone managed to use a Voodoo 2 board with FreeBSD? I'm interested in
using Glide and/or MesaGL with it...

Ciao,
Thomas.