Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:41:28 -0500
From:      Ronnie Clark <RClark@swst.com>
To:        "'Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   login script question

Hello all. I am trying my hand at perl scripting now that I am comfortable
with the FreeBSD OS itself. I wish to write a login script that acknowledges
the use when they log in. But, I need to know two things:
1. What variable is assigned to the login name? In other words, how does one
tell the script to pull the login name? (i.e in the script $name = "?" )
2. Where would one put a login script? I looked in /etc, but nothing jumped
out.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thank you,
RC