Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 18:35:02 +0100
From:      NOC-GFX <sysadmin@mfn.org>
To:        "'Thomas Dean'" <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RTFM

Please refer to the Manual, Section 25, Subsection 1, Paragraph 2, "Please
read the charter before joining or sending mail to any list."

And Section 25, Subsection 1.3 et seq. "List Charters", from which I quote:
"...Ongoing irrelevant chatter *OR FLAMING* (emphasis added) only detracts
from the value of the mailing list for everyone on it..."

Or how about Section 25, Subsection 1.3, Paragraph 4:
"Personal attacks...and gross breaches of netiquette, LIKE EXCERPTING
OR REPOSTING PRIVATE MAIL (emphasis added)..."

   If you want to continue this, then take it BACK off-list, where it
started.  I'm done with this in public, regardless of your desires.

Try practicing what you preach.

J.A. Terranson
sysadmin@mfn.org