Date:      10 Jan 99 22:39:23 America/Fort_Wayne
From:      Stephen Palmer <slpalmer@netscape.net>
To:        son@teaser.fr, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, dfr@nlsystems.com
Subject:   Re: [Re: [Re: Request fo help with Zip Drive on vpo0 in -current]]

Success!
  da0 is now detected on my system as long as I give
flags 0x1 or 0x4 to ppc0.  This forces the chipset
to "Generic" rather than "SMC".  Not setting the flags
causes the chipset to be detected correctly, but da0
not to be detected.  Thanks for the good work!  I can
send verbose dmesg output to anyone interested in squashing
the remaining inconvieniances.

Stephen L. Palmer
slpalmer@netscape.net

> And I apologize, I forgot to commit options anyway :(
>
> --
> nsouch@teaser.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org
> FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org

Stephen L. Palmer        |                Sprint Paranet
slpalmer@netscape.net   \|/   slpalmer@sprintparanet.com
   "There are thousands of intelligent species in the
    Universe, and they all own cats."        -Unknown