Date:      Sat, 07 Mar 1998 14:56:08 -0500
From:      Keith Pitcher <kpitcher@weirdness.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SMC9432TX Question

I am currently running 2.2.5-release and wish to add the support for the

SMC9432tx network card. After checking
 Ustimenko Semen's homepage (http://iclub.nsu.ru/~semen/smc9432tx.html)
I only found diffs. I did find version 1.62 in the mailing archives,
which was labeled for 2.2.5-release. However after applying the 1.62
patch, recompiling the kernel, and rebooting ; my system only detects an

unknown hardware type tx0. dmesg shows no tx0 device found. If this is a

known bug in the earlier version of the driver, I'd appreciate a pointer

to the full version of the latest release.

Keith Pitcher
kpitcher@weirdness.com