Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:56:06 -0700
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc inetd.conf

Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> > Can we please loose everything but telnet and ftp?  This getting
>
> That wouldn't bother me at all.  I'd even say lose ftp, but sysinstall
> asks about it right now and we'd have to disable that functionality or
> teach sysinstall about grubbing in inetd.conf files before it would be
> a truly practical suggestion.

	Another possible solution would be to remove the ftp line out of
inetd entirely and run as a stand alone daemon.  This would allow us
to add the needed glue to /etc/defaults/rc.conf and /etc/rc.conf.
Based on observations of sysinstall this wouldn't be too different
from what we do with things like gateway_enable and the like.

--
Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu