Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 1998 16:28:11 -0500
From:      Rob <drifter@stratos.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ELF in 2.2.7?

     I just downgraded from 3.0-[not so]-current to 2.2.7 by downloading
the 2.2.7-RELEASE pkg.??'s and installing them over my current installation.
Besides the expected problems, I noticed that I can /still/ run most of
the ELF programs that don't depend on ELF libraries (other than libc??).
     That's strange.  I thought 2.2.7-RELEASE didn't run ELF? Is there
something I'm missing?

     -Rob