Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 02:40:21 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current Users' list <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD's ports list <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mozilla-devel problems

Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Terry Lambert:
> > This looks similar to a well known problem that could occur with
> > nominally proportional spacing fonts in X programs that incorrectly
> > assumed monospacing for characters, and also on nominally fixed
>
> I just made an experience. I logged in on my STABLE machine coming from the
> CURRENT machine (so any X app will use the fonts on the CURRENT machine)
> and ran mozilla.
>
> The display is *fine*.
>
> So a STABLE mozilla displaying on a CURRENT machine is fine.
>
> I don't understand.

So the X server was running on your -CURRENT machine, but the
application was running on your -STABLE machine?

I think this is because on -STABLE, Mozilla compiles without the
extra font stuff by default, doesn't it?  THat was mentioned in
an earlier message by someone else.

Can you copy over the code as configured on -CURRENT to the -STABLE
machine, so it compiles and links everything as if it were running
on a -CURRENT machine?  E.g. verify your implication that it's the
compiler or the libraries specific to the -CURRENT machine, rather
than a diffirence in the environment sensed by "configure", etc.?

-- Terry