Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:03:19 -0500
From:      CX157@prodigy.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with PCMCIA cards.

I am having a problem getting my PCMCIA modem
to work in FreeBSD 4.5. Computer is a Fujitsu
Lifebook 420D. The modem is a Megahertz XJ-
1440. Windows recognised it as COM3 and Linux
as /dev/ttyS2, so I tried /dev/cuaa2 first, which didn't
work. The system reports that the modem is on
sio4, which I didn't have set up. I recompiled the
kernel using the information in the sio manpage to
spport it and used MAKEDEV cuaa4.  Now it says
it's on sio5. Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks.

-CX157