Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:22:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nlpt not printing properly

I just upgraded to 3.1-RELEASE using make world from 3.1-STABLE, and in my
new kernel I included the ppbus and nlpt.  Now when I print the text for a
single page is split between several pages, some number of lines printed
on one page, then the sheet is ejected and the text continued on the next
page, usually offset by some amount. Below are relevant sections of my
kernel config and dmesg output.  Anyone have any ideas? Should I go back
to lpt?

DMESG

ppc: parallel port found at 0x3bc
ppc0: SPP
ppc0 at 0x3bc irq 7 on isa
ppc0: Generic chipset (NIBBLE-only) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppb0: IEEE1284 device found /PS2/EPP/PS2_ID/ECP_RLE_ID/Extensibility Link
Probing for PnP devices on ppbus0:
ppbus0: <unknown unknown>
nlpt0: <generic printer> on ppbus 0
nlpt0: Interrupt-driven port