Date:      Tue, 9 May 1995 17:38:09 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@leonardo.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: This one looks very very suspecious to me....

> 	One problem with #ifdef as opposed to commenting something out
> is that the current version of GCC seems to (try to) parse character
> constants inside #ifdef blocks.

This could be considered a bug in the pre-processor, since the
code-parser portion of the 'compiler' should never see anything inside
of #ifdef'd out code.  However, I suspect with all of the #pragma and
other junk being used the separation of the pre-processor from the rest
of the passes is not as clean as it used to be.

Nate