Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:24:09 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        John Johnson <schoolnet_sierraleone@yahoo.co.uk>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CAN SOMEBODY HELP US WITH FREEBSD?

On Tuesday 08 April 2003 13:33, someone, possibly John Johnson, typed:
> Please I have tried downloading FreeBSD with different kinds of FTP
> clients but have been unable due to the slow, interrupted dial-up access
> here in Sierra Leone.
>
> Can somebody send us a copy of FreeBSD on CD whichever version we can use
> to install a Mail Server and we will pay the courier company here.

John,

If you are willing to shell out a little cash for it, you can order the
entire FreeBSD CD set (several versions) plus some extras, and a printed
manual, from http://www.freebsdmall.com/.

Also, check your local book retail, in many cases, books about FreeBSD come
with a recent FreeBSD CD-1 included.

Both these options will probably put you back around $50 US or so though.

Otherwise, I'd be more than willing to mail it to you, though I have little
trust in our postage system here, so I'd have to send it through registered
postage, which will probably cost $4 US or so. If you're interested, let me
know, if you can transfer me the money for the postage, I'll burn a CD and
send it along. Normally I'd just pay for the postage too, but our exchange
rate is abit confused at the moment, so the $4 US looks rather ugly in
South African Rand tems.

Let me know if I can help
Will

--