Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2000 07:02:10 -0800
From:      "John W. De Boskey" <jwd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ipfw fwd vs. natd redirect

Hi,

   I'm looking at two variations to foward mail and web
services from the firewall to the appropriate server
hosts.

   Using natd and redirect, I have this working. However, I
also want to see what the comparable setup using ipfw is.
Unfortunately, I am unable to get this working. I have
the following rule in place:

${fwcmd} add fwd ${mailip},25 log tcp from any to ${oip} 25

which produces the following log msg:

ipfw: 1400 Forward to ${mailip}:25 TCP remothost:1587 firewallip:25 in via fxp0

a split second later, I get:

ipfw: 1500 Divert 8668 TCP firewallip:25 remotehost:1587 out via fxp0

   Could someone (if anyone) who is using 'ipfw fwd' please send me
an example where this is working?

Thanks,
John