Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:16:03 -0600
From:      ktb <x.y.f@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [OT] 4.4 license

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 11:54:27AM +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:

<snip>

> 4.4BSD contains AT&T code.  You need a UNIX source license (now
> available for free from SCO) to get it.  4.4BSD-Lite was an incomplete
> operating system created by removing the AT&T code from 4.4BSD.  It
> was the base for FreeBSD 2.0 and NetBSD 1.0.

	I was wondering if you could shed some light here on where to
	get this free license for 4.4BSD?  I checked at the SCO site and
	didn't see anything regarding this.  I'm just curious as to how
	4.4BSD is different with the AT&T code in place.  If you have a
	url I would appreciate seeing it.
	Thanks,
	kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."