Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 10:11:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      "William R. Somsky" <somsky@dirac.phys.washington.edu>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hackers-digest V1 #1590

> From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
> Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 16:06:06 -0700 (MST)
>
> Note that having access to the NIST/PCTS is not the same as being
> certified.  Certification still requires an authorized testing laboratory
> to run the test, and it only applies to a particular release level: the
> one tested.

Well, I don't know if anyone will want to put up the money for certification
by an authorized testing lab, but we should be able to (and I believe
people are already working towards being able to) pass the tests unoficially.
Then we might be able to claim that FreeBSD is "certifiable".  :-)
William R. Somsky			      somsky@phys.washington.edu
Department of Physics, Box 351560		 B432 Physics-Astro Bldg
Univ. of Washington, Seattle WA 98195-1560		    206/616-2954