Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:20:55 -0500
From:      "Yong Lim" <yong@csfi.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   backspace. . .

Hi,
   I just installed FreeBSD 4R, Window Maker 6.11 and rxvt 2.72.  A curious
problem occurs.  Running the default XTerm from inside WM my backspace works
fine as delete for root and users.  Running rxvt as users backspace still
works fine as delete.  If I su to root from running rxvt as user, backspace
will not work as delete.  If I run rxvt as root backspace will not work.
What would cause rxvt to remap the backspace just for root?
   Anyone encountered this before?  I am searching through the mail archive
at freebsd.org and nothing turn up yet.

Yong