Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:49:43 +0300
From:      dima <_pppp@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   interrupt routing

I am preparing a new server for production use. It is dual Opteron Tyan S2882 motherboard containing 2 1000BaseTX NICs and 2 SCSI controllers onboard. Running 5.3-RELEASE-p5 (i386).
The interrupt assignment performed by ACPI looks kinda strange:
$ ps -ax
[irq24: bge0 ahd0]
[irq25: bge1 ahd1]
I actually want NICs and SCSI controllers run in different kernel threads.
$ pciconf -lv
ahd0@pci2:6:0:  class=0x010000 card=0x005e9005 chip=0x801d9005 rev=0x10 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Adaptec Inc'
    device   = 'AIC-7902B Ultra320 SCSI Controller'
    class    = mass storage
    subclass = SCSI
ahd1@pci2:6:1:  class=0x010000 card=0x005e9005 chip=0x801d9005 rev=0x10 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Adaptec Inc'
    device   = 'AIC-7902B Ultra320 SCSI Controller'
    class    = mass storage
    subclass = SCSI
bge0@pci2:9:0:  class=0x020000 card=0x164414e4 chip=0x164814e4 rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device   = 'BCM5704 NetXtreme Dual Gigabit Adapter'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet
bge1@pci2:9:1:  class=0x020000 card=0x164414e4 chip=0x164814e4 rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device   = 'BCM5704 NetXtreme Dual Gigabit Adapter'
    class    = network
    subclass = ethernet
All the devices are assigned IRQ10 in BIOS and I didnt found a way to change the settings there.
I have found a year-old discussion on -current
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-January/019964.html
about assigning physical IRQ lines to PCI devices; so I want to know if there is a way to force ACPI assign virtual interrupts a similar way.