Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 1999 10:29:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>, Bill Swingle <unfurl@dub.net>, security@FreeBSD.ORG, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [btellier@USA.NET: Several FreeBSD-3.3 vulnerabilities]

> If you're not going to badger a port's maintainer until he/she does
> something, you're unlikely to get results out of a single request.
> That's why the PR system is good.  The PR sits there pissing us off
> until someone does something about it. :-)

Well, let me just add something to this, and that's that if you
also can't get reasonable satisfaction out of a maintainer, move
up the "chain of authority" and talk to the ports team and/or
Satoshi Asami about it.  If that still doesn't net you results,
appeal to core.  The buck will eventually stop somewhere. :)

- Jordan